1. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and automatic updating is turned on
Your computer must be connected to the Internet for Windows to be able to search online for a device driver. To see if your computer is connected to the Internet, open your web browser and try accessing a website. If you’re temporarily disconnected, such as when you’re traveling with a laptop, wait until you’re online again, and then try reinstalling your device.
Windows can’t check for the latest drivers unless automatic updating is turned on. Most people turn on automatic updating the first time they use Windows, but if you’re not sure you did, you should check to make sure it’s turned on.
– Turn Automatic Updating ON and OFF
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you’re using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.
- Tap or click Choose how updates get installed.
- Under Important updates, choose the option that you want.
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box.
- Under Microsoft Update, select the Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows check box, and then tap or click Apply.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.
- On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.
- On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation..
- Copy the PN driver install file (exe file) into a new folder and name it.
- Rename the file from .exe to .zip . Don’t worry if you get error warnings, just go ahead and do it anyway.
- Extract the now zip file into this folder.
- In Device Manager, right click on the PN entry under “Other Devices” and choose Update Driver.
- In the Update Driver window, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- In the next window, click the Browse button and navigate to the location of the extracted folder above and click Next.
- NOTE : YOU WILL HAVE TO REPEAT STEPS 4 to 6 TWICE
During the manual install, first the COM port is configured then the the USB protocol. Once the first time is done, simply go back to step 4 and repeat.In Device Manager, after doing BOTH installs, you will see:- Under Universal Serial Bus controllers, you will find an entry that says:
– Under Ports (COM & LPT)
Pocket Neurobics Wireless Dongle (COMx)
- ATTENTION: SOME COMPUTER BRANDS like to reserve COMs 1, 2 and 3 for their own use. If no COM ports are used, a new install enumerates the next available port (normally COM3). If you still have problems and the device is connected to COM 3, you can change the port assignment manually.1. In Device Manager, right-click the PN device name under PORTS(COM & LPT)2. Click on Properties > Port Settings > Advanced.
3. On the COM Port Number field. change the COM port from COM3 to another port (we recommend using COM6 and above to avoid conflict).
4. Click OK
- After installing the driver manually OR doing an Automatic Update, REMOVE THE PN DEVICE FROM THE PORT AND REINSERT IT.
- Open BioExplorer and add the device as usual.
If you get any errors with this procedure, it will always be related to your rights are a user – either UAC settings that need to be changed or the user trying to perform this install is not the Administrator.ALSOPAY ATTENTION TO THE MANY LAYERS OF SECURITY SOFTWARE YOU HAVE INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER.
Many security programs out there install MANY layers of security to avoid Malware and Viruses. KNOW HOW TO OPERATE YOUR ANTI-VIRUS and WINDOWS SECURITY SOFTWARE so you know now to turn it off in order to have the driver installed.
Why does this driver have problems bypassing Windows security and others don’t ?
Because it goes deep into the setup of the USB port and establishes hard-coded transmission protocols such as baud rate. In order to do that, this driver needs to make changes that go deep into the way Windows operates. The PN driver makes these changes to ensure that, once installed, you will never lose packets of information while receiving biosignal data from our devices.